▲點擊秒搶優惠券,享受訂閱800詞彙量讀原著
立減100元
A: Excuse me, how can I get to the city?
打擾一下,請問我怎樣才能從機場去市區?
B: You can take a tax/cabi or an airport shuttle.
你可以打出租車,或者乘坐機場大巴。
A: How much is a shuttle ticket?
機場大巴車票多少錢呢?
B: 20 dollars.
兩美金。
重點掌握:
1. airport shuttle 機場大巴
2. 交通工具:taxi/cab, -bus, train, subway, plane
3. 貨币:dollar, euro, pound
A: Excuse me. Where do I check in?
打擾一下,請問我在哪裡可以登記呢?
B: May I see your ticket, please?
請問我可以看一下你的機票嗎?
A: You can get a boarding pass at that counter. Then you could wait in the departure gate after going through security.
你在那邊的櫃台拿到登機牌,通過安檢後,在出發口等待登機就好了。
B: Thank you very much.
太感謝你了。
重點掌握:
4. check in報到,記錄;到達并登記
5. boarding pass 登機牌
6. counter ['ka?nt?] n. 櫃台
7. gaten. 門,口
8. security [s?'kj?r?ti] n. 安全,安保
9. departure/arrival 離開/到達
B: Good afternoon. May I have your ticket and ID card, please?
下午好!請出示一下您的機票和身份證。
A: Here you are.
給你。
B: Thank you. Would you like a window or an aisle seat?
謝謝。你想要做再靠窗的座位,還是靠過道的呢?
A: A window seat, please.
靠窗吧,謝謝。
B: Do you have any luggage to check in?
你有帶(托運)行李嗎?
A: No, I only have a carry-on.
沒有,我隻有一個手提包。
B: Here's your boarding pass. Have a nice flight.
這是您的登機牌。祝您旅行愉快!
A: Thank you.
謝謝。
重點掌握:
10. aisle [a?l] seat 靠走道的座位
11. carry-on 手提包
B: May I see your passport, please?
請問我可以看一下你的護照嗎?
A: Here is my passport / Here it is.
這是我的護照。
B: Where are you staying?
你會住在哪裡?
A: I'm staying at the Hilton Hotel.
我住希爾頓酒店。
B: What's the purpose of your visit?
你這趟出行的目的是什麼?
A: Sightseeing (Business).
旅遊/出差。
B: Do you have a return ticket to Beijing?
你有返程機票嗎?
A: Yes, here it is.
有,這是我的返程機票。
B: How long will you be staying in the United States?
你會在美國待多久?
A: For about 10 days.
大概10天左右。
B: How much money do you have with you?
你帶了多少現金?
A: I have 800 dollars.
800美元。
B: Here you go. Welcome!
你可以過了。歡迎你來到美國。
重點掌握:
11. purpose ['p?p?s] n. 目的,用途
12. sightseeing ['sa?tsi??] n. 觀光,遊覽
A: Excuse me, sir. What would you like to eat, Chinese food or western food?
打擾一下,先生!請問你想要什麼餐呢?中餐還是西餐?
B: Chinese, pleasee.
中餐,謝謝。
重點掌握:常見食物的英語表達
13. pasta ['pɑst?] n. 意大利面
14. cookies ['k?kiz] n. 餅幹
15. instant noodle n. 方便面
16. butter ['b?t?] n.黃油
17. cheese [t?iz] n. 奶酪
18. sausage ['s?s?d?] n. 香腸
19. yoghurt ['jog?t] n. 酸奶
20. soda ['sod?] n. 蘇打水,碳酸水
B: Where is my seat?
我的座位在哪兒?
B: Can I put my baggage here?
我可以把行李放在這裡嗎?
B: May I recline/put down my seat?
我可以把座位靠後嗎?
B: May I have a pillow and a blanket, please?
請問可以給我一個枕頭和一條毯子嗎?
B: Could you tell me how to fill in this form?
請問你可以告訴我怎麼填這個表嗎?
B: Will this flight get there on time?
這趟航班會準時抵達嗎?
重點掌握:
21. recline [r?'kla?n] v. 靠,斜倚
22. blanket ['bl??k?t] n. 毛毯
23. fillin 填寫
24. form [f?rm] n. 表格;形狀
25. on time 按時,準時
in time 及時,适時
at times 有時,偶爾
Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! I have as much soul as you, and full as much heart! And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth, I should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is now for me to leave you. I am not talking to you now through the medium of custom, conventionalities, nor even of mortal flesh; it is my spirit that addresses your spirit; just as if both had passed through the grave, and we stood at God's feet, equal, as we are!
難道就因為我一貧如洗、默默無聞、長相平庸、個子瘦小,就沒有靈魂,沒有感情了?你想錯了!我的心靈跟你一樣豐富,我的心胸跟你一樣充實!要是上帝賜予我一點姿色和充足的财富,我會使你難以離開我,就像我現在難以離開你一樣。我現在并不是依照習俗、常規,甚至也不是血肉之軀在與你對話,而是我的靈魂在與你的靈魂對話,就像我們兩人穿過墳墓,站在上帝腳下,我們是平等的,我們本來就如此。
——節選自《簡·愛》
重點掌握:
26. obscure [?b'skj?r] a. 無名的;朦胧的
27. plain [plen] a. 樸素的,簡單的
28. medium ['mid??m] a. 媒介,中間物
29. custom ['k?st?m] a. 慣例,風俗
30. conventionality [k?n,v?n??n'?l?ti] a. 慣例,習俗,老套
31. mortal ['m?rtl] a. 凡人的 n. 人類,凡人
32. flesh [fl??] n. 肉體
33. soulless, heartless 這兩個詞,大家可以用我們之前所學的後綴-less來猜一下它們的意思
有話要說...